Let by-gones be by-gones

 

My good wishes to u all for the year 2007! Another year has arrived! Wow so many things to do this year, so many targets to fulfill, so many deadlines to meet and so many etc etc the list is endless. Grand plans or new year resolutions as we call it! New calenders, new diaries, new ..............., everything NEW. If it was not beyond our reach we would have got hold of a new sun and moon and stars as well! So what happens to the old and by-gone year? Dumped. Let by-gones be by-gones goes the proverb and we follow it diligently to the last detail! March forward and never look back.

 
At times when I sit back and think, rarely do I have the luxury of doing that though, I begin to wonder if that is really what we should be doing. There goes a popular saying "In our past lies in our future". This has somehow caught my fancy for quite sometime now. The simple reason for such a metamorphosis of thought is the discovery of a recurring chain/link in certain events and behaviourial patterns that I have recently been subjected to. And then there comes alive the uncanny feeling of familiarity. I am quite sure that I have seen this reaction but when and where is impossible to relate. I have racked my brains and unceasingly attempted to refresh my memory in the simple hope of succeeding in recounting the previous instance that we had met before but absloutely to no avail. Moreover it resulted in unnecessary drainage of well conserved energy and unwarranted (forever) loss of precious time. Quite unwillingly I had to agree to the first impression that this indeed was the first time I had met that person. The only reason I could think of, that too much later, was that it a close resemblance to someone familiar to my eyesight. Essentially I was trying to recall the past.
Ill come back for more of this later. Im again late but January has kept me quite busy indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Chopsuey in Delhi!

If you’re done with driving, hop on!!

Dunkin' Donuts Selling Contaminated Donuts?