American Chopsuey in Delhi!


The very thought of Pandara Road makes your visualize a host of restaurants and an enjoyable meal. Among the various places, Ichiban serves Chinese food and deserved special mention. I have been to the restaurant on more than one occasion.

The last time I went there was during the lunch break at the Delhi High Court, where my matter was due to be heard. Feeling hungry after spending the entire morning there, once it was the lunch hour, I stepped out and headed straight for Ichiban, a brisk 10 minute walk away. I had one look at the menu and ordered American Chopsuey. Most you would have seen the dish on every restaurant’s menu card. However, the actual preparation is a far cry from the desired taste and most of my ventures have ended up nothing short of disasters. Nevertheless in hope of finding the right place, I continue to experiment.

When the food was served, and their service is pretty fast, it appeared to have the requisite mixture. Without wasting one more second I partook. With the first morsel inside, my taste buds indicated that perhaps I had finally struck gold! The preparation was indeed very finely cooked, the crispness of the noodles was just about perfect and with the gravy in the appropriate proportion...the combination just melted in my mouth. Once you have tasted fine food, no further ‘eating effort’ is required and your stomach automatically takes in all that is there on the plate!

This is the effect of Ichiban and its American Chopsuey. I would recommend it to all!

Comments

  1. Well, the food sounds delicious. You're going to take me there, next time I meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be an honour to take you there Arjun...you can also choose from other places which we will cover in the coming weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. American chopsuey evokes very strong memories from childhood and even through to my engg college days! Eating out and eating chinese was largely synonymous with American "Chapsy" (Though I later realised that the dish was neither American nor Chinese - however, that bit is immaterial :D)

    Though I would have had a thousand versions of the legendary chopsuey, there was this place called Dragon Palace in Bangalore near our college in BSK III, which was run by a very tempermental "Chinese" family, in a hole in the wall sort of place. But the food was awesome value for money, and the American chopsuey was a dish which was like a meal in one. Hot, sweet, spicy, gravy with thin slices of capsicum, onions, carrots and dices of chicken, served on deep fried, greasy, crispy noodles, served with a fried egg for the added pizzazz! All for a measly 40-odd bucks! Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha!! College days were really fun...how we try to rummage all over the place to find out the 'best' places which would not add any burden on the monthly budget ;) After reading your description I have a deep craving to go for it tonight..again!! Absolutely delicious :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If you’re done with driving, hop on!!

Dunkin' Donuts Selling Contaminated Donuts?